6 Steps for Quick and Healthy Cooking
The easier you make the cooking experience, the quicker you will find you can create healthy meals. Simple steps will help you fix meals that you will enjoy and give you the health energy you need – all in fewer than 30 minutes from start to finish.
Make Cooking Easier
- Create a plan – knowing what you are going to fix for each meal will be the first step in making those meals in a timely manner.
- Use the plan to make a grocery list – make sure that you have all of the items for your menu, as well as also stock up on pantry items that can easily be put together to make a great meal.
- Chop it up – when you bring in the groceries, go ahead and chop up vegetables (like onions or carrots) you will be using in your meals. These can be frozen to make them last longer.
- Precook ingredients – take one day after you go grocery shopping to cook chicken breasts, ground beef and other proteins. Put these into freezer containers and store them for use in quick fix meals.
- Cook more than one meal at a time – you can freeze the second meal for an easy fix on another night when you might be too busy to spend a lot of time preparing a meal.
- Make sure all of your appliances are maintained and clean – a clean space and well maintained utensils and appliances will make cooking easier and more enjoyable.
Cooking healthy meals does not have to take up a lot of time. A few simple steps will make cooking in less than thirty minutes healthy, delicious and enjoyable. A great plan and some precooked or prepared ingredients will make cooking a breeze.
Healthy meals in fewer than thirty minutes can be tasty and easy. Taking the time to plan out the meals will not just help with time management, but will also go a long ways towards saving big bucks at the grocery store.