By Kiera S. Campbell
Are you looking for easy kids recipes to keep your children busy? Kids just love to help out in the kitchen and cooking is a great and fun way to teach your children the importance of eating healthy. This is one delicious and nutritious dessert recipe that your kids will surely love to make and to eat. And did I mention that it’s healthy, too?
This easy recipe for a dessert requires no cooking and is ideal even for your little preschooler. Once you’re comfortable making this recipe, feel free to experiment with various containers to create your own mud pie shapes.
This recipe makes 1 Frozen Chocolate Yogurt Mud Pie that serves two.
What you’ll need:
5 cups plain yogurt
250g Chocolate cookie crumbs
4 tbsps Melted margarine
Soft, sweet fruits chopped in small pieces (mango, banana, etc.)
What you need to do:
1. In a large bowl, mix together your margarine and your cookie crumbs. We’re looking for a sticky moist consistency.
2. Next, line your container with this cookie crumb mixture. The bottom and the sides of your container should be covered with it (pretend you’re making a cup made of cookie crumbs).
3. Make sure you pack them in tightly and that it is around ¼” thick. A round container that is 4” in diameter and 3” in height is a good size, although you’re free to experiment with the shape and size of your mud pie.
4. Next, in another bowl, mix the plain yogurt and your fruit pieces together. The fruit pieces should be completely hidden inside the yogurt mixture.
5. Put the yogurt mixture into the cookie crumb mixture (like you’re filling the cup you made with yogurt).
6. Leave in the freezer to harden and freeze.
7. Once it’s frozen, it’s ready to serve. You may lift it out of your container or you may serve it in the container – your choice. If you want, you may also put fruit slices or sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Healthy and easy kids recipes like this are fun to make. But are you able to teach your kids the importance of choosing healthy food all the time?
Kiera S. Campbell is the author of “Yummy Healthy Tummy: The Secrets of Raising Healthy Kids Every Parent Needs to Know!” She can teach you how you can help your children grow up to love and choose healthy eating for life. Visit The Yummy Healthy Tummy to learn more.